Micro Marketing, well is the opposite of Mass Marketing. I have heard is called niche marketing among others and a new one for me the other day was a take on the concept called “drip marketing.” The “Mad Men” age of advertising and marketing still works for products built for the masses, but niche is where it’s at! All businesses and organizations must be hyper relevant to be successful these days–The era of relevance has arrived.
Tips on how to micro market in a highly competitive world:
- Segment your customers and prospects–really identify profiles and how your offering is relevant to each
- Create custom offers–be that content like ebooks, white papers, blog posts or coupon rewards
- Get your hashtag on–by targeting hashtags you can turn your mass tweet into a targeted tweet
- Target your keywords or location via google to reach your niche customer
- Participate in relevant LinkedIn discussion groups and offer valuable content
- Post on relevant Facebook walls–if your customer has an affinity for a group or cause, add to the conversation
It does take planning and time, but micro marketing is the best way to increase conversions. While cliche, the old adage is still true–right time, right place, right offer….that is what we all aspire towards, right?
How about you? Any success stories or tips to help businesses use micro marketing for success?