10 Minutes a Day to Social Media Success–Yeah, it can happen.
And it can start in your email inbox. I have been failing my own advice for 2 years now and feeling guilty. I had tried every tool imaginable, but I just couldn’t get a rhythm. I felt like I was always bumbling around or chasing. Ironic since I help companies with their innovative marketing and social media presence. I found, personally, it was hard to keep up and be active every day, consistently. Plus, many of my clients were struggling with his/her personal profiles, not as marketers. Finding the time and process that works in your daily routine is a big challenge everyone faces.
Here is my secret.
8 Steps to Implement K. Melissa Kennedy’s 10 Minutes a Day to Social Media Success
- Block off 10 minutes on your calendar
- Add the Google Chrome Extension – Buffer (It does all the “dripping” for you, updating your profiles throughout the day. Plus, it is in the browser so you don’t have to open another application.)
- Create a rule in your inbox to put all newsletters and google alerts in one folder
- Set a timer for 10 minutes
- Check your folder, read and “buffer” relevant content – Always read/watch the content before sharing, add your personal flair or commentary when sharing
- Review your social sites to see what your network is doing and skim to see if you want to engage (like, comment, share)
- Timer goes off
It has been working like a dream. I have had more engagement on my posts than ever before. I have been consistently more active. Plus it is continuing to build my personal online brand. Sometimes if I have time at night, I add in another 10 minutes and follow the same steps, but if I don’t, I catch up in the morning during my 10 minute social media appointment. I hope the secret helps. Just 10 minutes, an inbox folder, timer and a web browser extension and you can manage it.